Mobile Licensing Unit
In light of the new national developments regarding the Covid-19 virus, it has become necessary that the Licensing Division amend its operating systems to ensure that adequate social distancing and crowd control measures are in effect. In this regard, members of the...
The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT) has granted authorisation for the issuance of a Taxi Owners Fuel Relief Grant to mitigate the economic impacts faced by Taxi Owners, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
ALL LICENSING OFFICES NATIONWIDE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Persons are required to pre-book appointments utilizing the following numbers:612-2701, 612-2700 or 612-2710 and or Schedule an Appointment: https://www.picktime.com/licencingappointment
The U-Turn System is here to transform the driving on our nation’s roads by making safety the only option. When it comes to road accidents, pain has no religion, colour or boundaries. With the new system in place, let us all slow down and make a U-turn towards road...
MVRT Act Chapter 48.50
MVRT Act No. 9 of 2017
Vehicle Testing Stations
MOWT Divisions & Units
The Ministry of Works and Transport is one of the largest government organizations in Trinidad and Tobago. We are responsible for providing the necessary planning, manpower, design and construction of physical infrastructure and transport services which are critical for the social and economic development of Trinidad & Tobago...CLICK HERE FOR MORE
- Coastal Protection Unit
- Construction Division
- Drainage Division
- Environmental, Health and Safety Unit (EHSU)
- Highway Division
- Mechanical Division
- Maintenance Division
- Maritime Services Division
- Priority Bus Route Unit
- Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (PURE)
- The Traffic Management Branch (TMB)
- Traffic Warden Division
- Transport Division
- The Unemployment Relief Programme
- Central Planning Unit
Driving Permit Applications & Renewals
- Applying for a Provisional Driving Permit
- Renewing your Driving Permit
- Applicant Categories
- Renewal of Driver's Permits for Ten (10) years.
Replacement of Lost Permit
- Issuance or Replacement Driver's Permit (Duplicate)
- Applicable fees if you’re applying for a replacement of an expired driving permit
Maxi Taxi Regulations
- Applying for a Taxi-Driver's Badge & Taxi Driver's License
- Associated fees for applying for a Taxi Driving Permit
- Renewing of a Taxi Driver's Badge & Driving Permit
- Fees for Replacement of a Taxi Badge & Taxi Driving Permit
- Replacing your Taxi Driver's Badge & Driving Permit
- Ownership of Maxi Taxi Services
- Maxi Taxi Operator's Permit
Class 4 & 5 Applications (Heavy T)
The applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and the holder of a driving permit of the next lower class of motor vehicle.
Registration of Motor Vehicles
- Fees for Registration of a Motor Vehicle
- Registration of Foreign - Used vehicle
- Change of Registration of a Motor Vehicle
- Amendments to the Motor Vehicle Register Notification of Change of the following particulars
Transfer of Ownership
- Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle other than by Death
- Transfer of Ownership of Motor Vehicle on Death of Registered Owner
- Colour or Engine Number
- Chassis Number
- Requirements for Visitors to drive in Trinidad &Tobago
- Requirements for Dealer's License First Issue
- Renewal of Dealer's License
- Application for Replacement of a Dealer's License
- Application for Rental Operation
“The Ministry of Works and Transport proudly welcomes the Hon. Adrian Leonce, M.P. as Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry!”
“Media Release: The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to remind the motoring public during this festive season, of the existing legislation from the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, as it pertains to driving while impaired by alcohol or other drugs.”
“The Ministry of Works and Transport is inviting members of the public to adopt the necessary steps ahead of the implementation of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act Chapter 48:50.”
Notice for Drivers
For More information on the Amendments to the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, please visit the Ministry’s website – www.mowt.gov.tt and click on MVRT Act Chapter 48 50 tab.
Remember, to avoid a traffic ticket and demerit points simply obey the road traffic laws. Do not act contrary to the law outlined in the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act Chapter 48:50.
The Transport Division of the Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise all permit holders /motorists to ensure that their vehicles are in compliance with the TARE Weight and Maximum Gross TARE Weight in keeping with the law.