Issuance or Replacement Driver's Permit (Duplicate)
If a motorist has lost his or her driving permit, through misplacement or theft, it must be reported to the Licensing Authority. The driver can apply for a replacement of their driving permit at Licensing Authority’s main office located on Wrightson Road, or at any of the eight (8) licensing offices of the Transport Division. To successfully replace a driving permit, applicants must produce the following:
- Evidence through a police report stating that the driving permit was lost, stolen or destroyed
- Completed application Form No. 4 (items 1-14) and a sworn declaration of item 15 on the reverse side of the form before a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Affidavits
For successful replacement of your driving permit, the following fees apply:
- If the permit is within the current period of validity -$70.00
- If the application is for another replacement after the driving permit has already been replaced within the current period of validity – $300.00
Applicable fees if you’re applying for a replacement of an expired driving permit
1. If a permit has expired less than six (6) months a fee of $500.00 is applicable.
2. If a driver’s permit has expired for a period of more than six (6) months but less than three (3) years a fee of $875.00 is applicable.
3. If a permit has expired for a period of more than three (3) years but less than five (5) years a fee of $1,750.00 is applicable.
4. If a permit has expired for a period of more than five (5) years, the applicant is required to re-sit both the driving and regulations test.
5. An applicant is exempted from fees stipulated at provision one (1) and two (2), if he/she can show sufficient and relevant proof of being out of the country during that period.
6. In respect of an expired Provisional Permit, a fee of $35.00 is applicable.
MVRT Act Chapter 48.50
MVRT Act No. 9 of 2017
Vehicle Testing Stations
MOWT Divisions & Units
The Ministry of Works and Transport is one of the largest government organizations in Trinidad and Tobago. We are responsible for providing the necessary planning, manpower, design and construction of physical infrastructure and transport services which are critical for the social and economic development of Trinidad & Tobago...CLICK HERE FOR MORE
- Coastal Protection Unit
- Construction Division
- Drainage Division
- Environmental, Health and Safety Unit (EHSU)
- Highway Division
- Mechanical Division
- Maintenance Division
- Maritime Services Division
- Priority Bus Route Unit
- Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (PURE)
- The Traffic Management Branch (TMB)
- Traffic Warden Division
- Transport Division
- The Unemployment Relief Programme
- Central Planning Unit
Driving Permit Applications & Renewals
- Applying for a Provisional Driving Permit
- Renewing your Driving Permit
- Applicant Categories
- Renewal of Driver's Permits for Ten (10) years.
Replacement of Lost Permit
- Issuance or Replacement Driver's Permit (Duplicate)
- Applicable fees if you’re applying for a replacement of an expired driving permit
Maxi Taxi Regulations
- Applying for a Taxi-Driver's Badge & Taxi Driver's License
- Associated fees for applying for a Taxi Driving Permit
- Renewing of a Taxi Driver's Badge & Driving Permit
- Fees for Replacement of a Taxi Badge & Taxi Driving Permit
- Replacing your Taxi Driver's Badge & Driving Permit
- Ownership of Maxi Taxi Services
- Maxi Taxi Operator's Permit
Class 4 & 5 Applications (Heavy T)
The applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and the holder of a driving permit of the next lower class of motor vehicle.
Registration of Motor Vehicles
- Fees for Registration of a Motor Vehicle
- Registration of Foreign - Used vehicle
- Change of Registration of a Motor Vehicle
- Amendments to the Motor Vehicle Register Notification of Change of the following particulars
Transfer of Ownership
- Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle other than by Death
- Transfer of Ownership of Motor Vehicle on Death of Registered Owner
- Colour or Engine Number
- Chassis Number
- Requirements for Visitors to drive in Trinidad &Tobago
- Requirements for Dealer's License First Issue
- Renewal of Dealer's License
- Application for Replacement of a Dealer's License
- Application for Rental Operation
Notice for Drivers
For More information on the Amendments to the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, please visit the Ministry’s website – www.mowt.gov.tt and click on MVRT Act Chapter 48 50 tab.
Remember, to avoid a traffic ticket and demerit points simply obey the road traffic laws. Do not act contrary to the law outlined in the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act Chapter 48:50.
The Transport Division of the Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise all permit holders /motorists to ensure that their vehicles are in compliance with the TARE Weight and Maximum Gross TARE Weight in keeping with the law.