Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle other than by Death
- No person shall be registered as the owner of a motor vehicle unless such person is at least seventeen (17) years of age.
- On application for change of ownership, the registered owner and the new owner shall complete the transfer “Change of Ownership” Form No. 11 and submit together with the following documents:
- a) A valid Certificate of Insurance in the new owner’s name, except in those cases specified by the Licensing Authority.
- b) Identification Card and Driving Permit or a valid Passport of both the owner and buyer (where the new owner is the holder of Driving Permit): This is not applicable to companies.
- c) Receipt of tax invoice of sale.
- The vehicle to be transferred, must be presented to the Licensing office to be examined under which the following fees are applicable:
The V.A.T is payable by V.A.T registered companies.
For used motorcycles not exceeding 250 cc the transfer fee is: $150.00
For used motorcycles exceeding 250 cc the transfer fee is: $300.00
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Colour or Engine Number
The Applicant shall present the completed Notification of Change Form, a valid card copy not more than three (3) years old and the motor vehicle to the Automotive Transport Officer at any of the Licensing Offices (with the exception of the St. James office).
The Notification of Change Form shall be verified by the Automotive Licensing Officer after which it must be presented to the cashier with the appropriate fee of $35.00.
The applicant shall present the completed Notification of Change Form, photographic evidence as well as a letter to the Assistant Inspector who furnishes a report to the Automotive Transport Officer. Based on the said report, the Authorised Transport Officer approves for payment of $35.00 to the cashier and issues CLO, LOS or LO TC to re-stamp.
The applicant shall present the completed Notification of Change Form together with a letter to the Assistant Inspector who furnishes a report to the Authorised Transport Officer Based on the said report, the Automotive Licensing Officer approves for payment of $35.00 to the cashier and issues CLO, LOS or LO TC to re-stamp.
The applicant shall present the completed Notification of Change Form together with a letter to the Assistant Inspector who furnishes a report to the Authorised Transport Officer. Based on the said report, the Automotive Licensing Officer approves for payment of $35.00 to the cashier and issues CLO, LOS or LO TC to re-stamp.
The applicant shall present the completed Form No. 4 and the Notification of Change form, together with Driver’s Permit, the original and copies of his/her Birth Certificate and Affidavit, and Electoral Identification Card or Passport bearing the new name.
by Deed Poll
The applicant shall present the completed Form No. 4 and the Notification of Change Form, together with Driving Permit, the original and a copy of the Deed Poll, and Electoral Identification Card or Passport bearing the new name.
A one-time fee of thirty-five ($35.00) is applicable for these changes to take effect.
MVRT Act Chapter 48.50
MVRT Act No. 9 of 2017
Vehicle Testing Stations
MOWT Divisions & Units
The Ministry of Works and Transport is one of the largest government organizations in Trinidad and Tobago. We are responsible for providing the necessary planning, manpower, design and construction of physical infrastructure and transport services which are critical for the social and economic development of Trinidad & Tobago...CLICK HERE FOR MORE
- Coastal Protection Unit
- Construction Division
- Drainage Division
- Environmental, Health and Safety Unit (EHSU)
- Highway Division
- Mechanical Division
- Maintenance Division
- Maritime Services Division
- Priority Bus Route Unit
- Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (PURE)
- The Traffic Management Branch (TMB)
- Traffic Warden Division
- Transport Division
- The Unemployment Relief Programme
- Central Planning Unit
Driving Permit Applications & Renewals
- Applying for a Provisional Driving Permit
- Renewing your Driving Permit
- Applicant Categories
- Renewal of Driver's Permits for Ten (10) years.
Replacement of Lost Permit
- Issuance or Replacement Driver's Permit (Duplicate)
- Applicable fees if you’re applying for a replacement of an expired driving permit
Maxi Taxi Regulations
- Applying for a Taxi-Driver's Badge & Taxi Driver's License
- Associated fees for applying for a Taxi Driving Permit
- Renewing of a Taxi Driver's Badge & Driving Permit
- Fees for Replacement of a Taxi Badge & Taxi Driving Permit
- Replacing your Taxi Driver's Badge & Driving Permit
- Ownership of Maxi Taxi Services
- Maxi Taxi Operator's Permit
Class 4 & 5 Applications (Heavy T)
The applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and the holder of a driving permit of the next lower class of motor vehicle.
Registration of Motor Vehicles
- Fees for Registration of a Motor Vehicle
- Registration of Foreign - Used vehicle
- Change of Registration of a Motor Vehicle
- Amendments to the Motor Vehicle Register Notification of Change of the following particulars
Transfer of Ownership
- Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle other than by Death
- Transfer of Ownership of Motor Vehicle on Death of Registered Owner
- Colour or Engine Number
- Chassis Number
- Requirements for Visitors to drive in Trinidad &Tobago
- Requirements for Dealer's License First Issue
- Renewal of Dealer's License
- Application for Replacement of a Dealer's License
- Application for Rental Operation
Notice for Drivers
For More information on the Amendments to the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, please visit the Ministry’s website – www.mowt.gov.tt and click on MVRT Act Chapter 48 50 tab.
Remember, to avoid a traffic ticket and demerit points simply obey the road traffic laws. Do not act contrary to the law outlined in the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act Chapter 48:50.
The Transport Division of the Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise all permit holders /motorists to ensure that their vehicles are in compliance with the TARE Weight and Maximum Gross TARE Weight in keeping with the law.